Monday, October 15, 2012

Pay It Forward.

An email popped up in my inbox today looking for race volunteers for the Runner's World 5k/10k on Saturday. After a few minutes of thinking "dear god... 5:30am is early", I registered. The Hershey Half Marathon is Sunday, so I'll be leaving for Hershey early Saturday afternoon but I thought about my favorite races. The one thing every great race has, is excellent volunteers. These people sacrifice hours of their weekend to help fuel the energy and excitement of the race. Without the help of volunteers, these events wouldn't be possible and I'd never find out if I had the mettle to medal. I'm giving back to pay it forward. So thanks to all the volunteers and community members who cheer during those long races. Anyone want to get up Saturday?!? No?? Don't worry... I'll be there making sure someone's first race, is their favorite race.

No comments:

Post a Comment