Saturday, May 4, 2013

I'ma trouble maker, bring on the Pittsburgh Marathon.

"Why does it feel so good but hurt so bad, oh oh oh,
My mind keeps saying, run as fast as you can
I say I'm done but thou, you pull me back, oh oh oh
I swear you're giving me a heart attack. Troublemaker!"

It's the evening before the Pittsburgh Marathon. My belly is full of Panera and Dave and Andy's Homemade Ice Cream. My playlist "Pittsburgh Marathon Bitches" has been prepared and features such gems as "Troublemaker", "Thrift Shop" and "Cyclone". I'm supposedly ready to dance party my way through the marathon tomorrow morning. Now, you're probably thinking "Geez girl, shouldn't you be taking this a bit more seriously? What about the importantly things like prepping your clothes, checking your race fuel stock, and pinning your bib?" I'll get to that eventually.... but the playlist was more important. Tomorrow I'm celebrating. I'll be running this particular race for a cause close to heart.

My best friend has MS. I think of how this disease changes your life and it can be a bit scary. As an individual who finds my happiness in pushing my body to its limits, the thought of no longer being in control is terrifying. I decided to run this marathon to raise money for the National MS Society. At first I was worried that I couldn't raise the minimum $500. If you make the commitment, you're responsible. So after signing up, I knew that there was a chance I'd be shelling out quite a bit. I never thought my friends and coworkers would rise to the occasion and blow all my expectations out of the water. As of right now, we've raised $1575. Congratulations everyone! As of right now, we are the number 2 marathon fundraiser. (Number one was an overachiever... we'd never catch her... unless someone wants to drop a couple g's in the pot... anyone?? okay.... yeah... number one is definitely an overachiever.) In case anyone does want to donate... the link above will take you there. To those of you who have donated. You're awesome. Truly, I am in awe of your generosity. Thank you. Alright. I've got to get ready to rock it. Dance party time. I mean... Marathon time.



No comments:

Post a Comment